So... Today I needed something to do while waiting for paint to dry.
I am working on a custom dresser for a client in Pure White. It is going to need several coats so I have a bit of time on my hands.
I chose to start a fun project with prints that I got at the flea market this morning.
These lovely mushroom prints are to compliment a recent purchase at Carter's Cottage.
I normally don't go to big box stores to buy frames. That makes displaying my art a bit tricky when I can't find antique frames in the sizes I need.
So I decided to make my own out of the sides of old drawers.
First, I sanded down the dovetailed edges because they were a bit sharp.
I wanted them slightly darker so I grabbed my trusty can of Dark Wax.
The dark wax makes it dark like stain but is ready to use quickly. I didn't want to have to wait for stain to dry too.
Once all were waxed, I laid my prints on them to see how they would look.
Love! I also burnt the edges a bit to age them and make their lines a bit less perfect. Once they were centered where I wanted them, I used upholstery tacks to secure them in place.
Here is the finished product:
I am working on a wall collage with these prints. I will share the full reveal in my next post.