It is always interesting to go back through my list of projects when trying to come up with this list. I always have pieces that I love, there are many pieces that I enjoy but there are always a few that I am glad to put behind me.
I spent 2013 playing with new colors, new furniture shapes and even a new kind of paint. I hope you enjoy my Whimsical Perspective Top 10 of 2013.
10. The Graphite Desk -Painted in Graphite Chalk Paint®- This was a custom piece for a client. She had a vision and it turned out beautifully.
9. The Mustard Seed Dresser - Painted in Mustard Seed MMSMP® - I LOVE this piece and really thought about keeping it for myself. One of my first attempts with Milk Paint.
8. Napoleonic Blue Dresser -Painted in Napoleonic Blue Chalk Paint® - This was something very different for me and I am glad I tried something new. It really paid off.
7. The Bronze Buffet -Painted in Custom Mixed Chalk Paint® - A custom order for a special client. It was so fun mixing colors and finishes to create a beautiful bronze. Click the link for the color recipe.
6. Grandma's Cabinet... Again - Painted in Primer Red Chalk Paint® - This is a piece with an amazing story. It now sits proudly in our living room.
5. The Graphite Dresser - Painted in Graphite Chalk Paint® - This piece is so amazing that is has inspired our office makeover for 2014.
4. The Napoleonic Blue Buffet - Painted in Napoleonic Blue Chalk Paint® - A true combination of talents on this piece. I did the paint and finishes, my husband worked with the butcher block top.
3. Upholstered Bench - I should have kept this one. The scrolling on this is amazing and the fabric added the right pop to this piece. This piece helped me get out of my upholstery comfort zone.
2. Our Antibes Night Stand - Painted in Antibes Chalk Paint® - A beautiful piece for my husband. We are now redecorating our master bedroom around this piece.
1. The Old Ochre Dresser - Painted in Old Ochre Chalk Paint® - This is the piece I am most proud of in 2013. It came out exactly as I hoped it would. The staging in the photo is perfect too. This piece was done in partnership with Annie Sloan Unfolded.
To be honest, I am not sure what 2014 brings for Whimsical Perspective. I have slowed down quite a bit since August and don't see that changing for a while. I miss painting and crafting but I love spending more time doing other passion projects like school related activities.
I am sure I will keep painting and decorating and I can't wait to share our bedroom makeovers. However, I will be focusing more on quality than quantity. I may not post often but I promise it will be great.
Stay tuned for my favorite posts and personal projects of 2013.
To see my full portfolio, visit my Whimsical Perspective Pinterest Board.